--3 to 5 days and healthier humans can live another day or so longer--, several days without food--10 days-- but our vital organs like the heart and brain cease to function without air supply, in fact after 4-6 minutes without air the brain can be irrevocably damaged.
What is completely inconceivable is how one abject, indecorous, piece of paper that is made out of 25% linen and 75% cotton with blue and red synthetic fibers supercedes them all--yes I am talking about money, our paper deity.
The United States Government decides it needs some of those trusty,god-like pieces of paper with dead freemasons on them, so it calls up the Federal Reserve, and requests, ehhh, 10 billion dollars? The fed replies, says ” Sure… I got what you need homie, but we require 10 billion in government bonds from you.”
So, the government calls up the then takes some piece of paper, decorates them immaculately some and calls them ‘Treasury Bonds’. Then, it puts a value on the bonds to the sum of 10 billion dollars and sends them to the Fed. Not to be outdone, the people at he Fed also print some awe-inspiring pieces of paper only this time they are called ‘Federal Reserve Notes’…also designating a value of 10 billion dollars to the set.
The Fed then takes these notes and trades them for the Bonds. Once this exchange is complete, the government takes those 10 billion in Federal Reserve Notes and deposits it into a bank which at that point the paper notes become ‘legal tender’ money and adds 10 billion to the US money supply. So, poof… 10 billion in new money has been created. In all reality, this transaction would happen electronically, with no paper used at all; only 3% of the US money supply exists in physical currency. The other 97% essentially exists in computers alone.
If you have not figured out by now, government bonds instruments of Debt and when the Fed procures these bonds, with ghost dollars, the government is actually promising to pay back that money to the Fed.In other words...every dollar in your pocket is an instrument of debt.
So,let's talk about that 10 billion dollar deposit becoming part of the bank’s Reserves, just as all deposits do. Modern money mechanic states that: "A bank must maintain legally required reserves, equal to a prescribed percentage of its deposits.And then it states that under current regulations, the reserve requirement against most transaction accounts is 10%.This meant that with a ten billion dollar deposit, 10% or 1 billion is held as the required reserve, while the other 9 billion is considered an excessive reserve and can be used as the basis for new loans.
Now, about that 9 billion that you may pragmatically assume comes out of the existing 10 billion dollars deposit... IT DOESN'T! Peep the scam though:The 9 billion is simply created out of thin air, on top of the existing 10 billion dollar deposit;this is how the money supply is inflated!
Now suppose some Joe or Jane Public walks into a bank and borrows the available 9 billion dollars. They will then most likely take that money and deposit it into their own bank account. The process then repeats, for that deposit becomes part of the banks reserves, 10% is isolated and in turn 90% of the 9 billion or 8.1 billion is now available as newly created money for more loans. And, of course, that 8.1 can be loaned out and redeposited creating an additional 7.2 billion…to 6.5 billion.. to 5.9 billion etc,etc,etc,etc.
For every deposit that ever occurs in the banking system, about 9 times that amount can be created out of thin air.
Are you upset yet? Are you incensed about being a slave to international bankers? Are you infuriated that we all are the Boxer character from Animal Farm telling ourselves "The solution, as I see it, is to work harder. From now onwards I shall get up a full hour earlier in the mornings."? Well I am and you should be too! Be mad at this and how the upper 7% by wealth now have 24 times more money than the bottom 93%
Wu-Tang was right "Cash rules everything around me" We are living in this cashocracy, struggling to find alternatives.